Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Tables, Linens & Chair Cover Tips!

Tables:
I get asked the question all of the time what size/shape tables I recommend most. I think depends on the look you’re going for. Tuscan style seating is very popular lately. Rectangular tables are placed back to back to make it look as if there is one long table. You can use the standard 30” wide or we also have a 48” wide. For conversation wise, I love them. I think it makes a wedding or event more intimate. People are sitting closer and they are more apt to talk to different people. Use low or tall thin centerpieces on these tables so that people can see across from one another. Round tables come in various sizes. Some like a bunch of 36” rounds that seat 3-5. If you are on a budget, I happen to like the 60”rounds that seat 8-10. Less tables, and less linens. It is also much easier to find linens for these tables as this is the most popular size. If you are using decorative chargers on these tables I would only seat 8. Square tables have become very popular lately too. We have 48” and 60” squares. I love to see when people mix round a square tables at an event.

Linens:
Where do I start? I could go on forever. I literally can’t get enough of them. Some people ask me if I would recommend linens to go halfway down on a table or to the floor. If it is a wedding, I would 100% say to the floor. You do not want to see aluminum table legs. Your guests will not trip on them. In the past few years, linen fabrics have expanded so much. Poly is our most basic. Just because it is our most basic, doesn’t mean I haven’t seen the most beautiful events with basic poly linens. If your venue or caterer provides cloths to the floor, it might be a good idea to take advantage of it, even if they are white or ivory. Adding an overlay or runner is a great way of adding color to the event.
Wedding and Event shows can be a little deceiving. Believe me- I LOVE David Tutera. He is a God in the design world. The linens that are donated to David are from Cloth Connection. They have the most stunning fabrics and frills the eye has seen. Keep in mind, these are very expensive. These same looks can be created with fabrics we have in stock, at a less expensive price.

Online linen shopping: I will give you one piece of advice. If you are online shopping for wedding linens or chair covers, keep in mind that they are going to come in a box and folded up into a package the size of a facecloth. They will have a lot of wrinkles. If you are daring enough to do so, get them shipped in a while before the wedding and be ready to have the time to iron/ steam out every one of them.
We buy our cloths from large manufacturers that can create any size necessary we need. They use commercial quality cloths and when rented from us, they will come clean, pressed on a hanger and bagged. We have a huge variety of cloths that gets larger everyday. Something you don’t see? I can guarantee you I will find it.

Chair covers:
I have to start off by saying we do not rent them. I am not against them by any means but there is a lot of work in them. Companies that do this for a living- trust them. Believe me, the day before your wedding you do not want to tie 200 matching bows and steam out wrinkles. As I said above, getting them online (except for the spandex ones) is a nightmare. If you do decide to get them online, keep in mind every venue has different style chairs. Order one in advanced to make sure it fits and covers the chair completely. They could run you $4.00-$5.00 a chair. I usually tell customers if the venue has a place to store the chairs, we have garden chairs in 4 colors for $4.00 each and ballrooms for $5.50 each.  

No comments:

Post a Comment